What is it?
The Relax Kids programme aims to give children and young people access to a variety of simple, yet effective techniques for relaxation, mindfulness, and stress management that are developed and delivered in a fun and creative way.
What’s the difference?
Relax Kids (aimed at primary school and sometimes lower secondary) takes children on a magical adventure. We usually have themed weeks that the children can relate to which makes it easier to remember techniques. Chill Skills which is more suited to secondary school children uses the same basic principles but allows us to focus on topics such as exam stress.
- Movement allows children to express themselves and boost their energy.
- Games lets them be creative and develop their communication.
- Stretches improve balance and concentration.
- Peer massage promotes respect and kindness.
- Breathing exercises reduce and calm the emotions flying through the nervous system.
- Positive affirmation work boosts self-esteem.
- Relaxation and visualisation exercises promote calmness and exploration of the imagination.
Why do we do it? How does it work?
We believe that relaxation, mindfulness and a positive outlook are the keys to good mental health, self esteem, and emotional resilience. Our mission is to give children and young people the tools they need to help them manage stress and anxiety and to be more resourceful when facing the challenges of daily life.
We support parents, teachers and those working with children and young people through our quality resources and training. We want children and young people to feel happier, more positive and empowered with skills for life!
And this is what a Relax Kids class looks like…
Our Founder Marneta Viegas explains it all.