Outwardly, life always looked rosy. A steady job, loads of hobbies, and confidence to boot…
But deep down, anxiety and depression were making a move, and one day, out of the blue, they struck. I’d worked to everybody’s else’s agenda and had spent no time on my own.
My passion had been working for children and young people, always putting them at the forefront of my work, but in doing so, I was battling those who put all other pressures on our children above the most important…their wellbeing.
Following my own battle with mental health and something of a reawakening, I completed by BA (Hons) in Youth Work, trained as a Relax Kids Coach and Life Coach, ploughed time and energy into building back up my own resolve, and started to refocus on my passion – supporting children and young people with their mental health and wellbeing.
I’ve been involved in youth-related work for more than 19 years, the majority spent in pastoral care within education, the remainder in the charity sector, primarily as a Youth Worker and Scout Leader. I currently manage two youth organisations in Oxford. I’ve worked for the local authority as a schools adviser, helped schools out of special measures, supported youth organisations in the charity sector to reopen and flourish, and have been involved in youth and community theatre.
- BA (Hons) Youth Work
- Foundation Degree in Working with Young People
- Certificate in Working with Young People
- Relax Kids Coach
- Support Work in Schools NVQ Level 3
- CWDC Learning Mentor Programme
- Knife Crime and Youth Violence
- Protective Behaviours Foundation Course
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health First Aid
- Young People’s Mental Health
- L3 Anatomy & Physiology
- Emergency First Aid
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Improvisation and Storytelling (KEPOW! Theatre)
- Creative Writing (Open University)
- BTEC ND Media
- Scout Leader training
- Voice and Text (Michael Corbidge, RSC)